Sunday, November 6, 2016

Tech Tip: Canvas Calendar

I officially regret not completing more of the tech tip extra credit assignments. As I scrolled through all the options I thought how helpful some of these tips will be and how too bad I have not learned about them earlier.

This is my only class this semester using canvas and from my understanding all courses will be on canvas starting next semester. The university is going to drag some of the professors kicking and screaming it seems too. Once we finally learn and understand how to use a program it seems like another one comes out and we are forced to learn all over again just in time for another to come out. Funny enough, I remember distinctly feeling this way when Facebook went public. I was so reluctant to join because I had literally just got the hang of Myspace. I finally had to make the switch though and.... turns out Facebook was a ton better than Myspace!

I watched the introduction video for the calendar tool on canvas. I personally have never kept a digitized calendar, even on my iPhone. I prefer to buy an Agenda and write everything down... color coordinated by class. This system has worked for me since middle school and it has not let me down yet. I do have an on campus job, however, and I would not be able to schedule and organize my work life without the outlook calendar. It is a very convenient tool when scheduling meetings and such.
I have enrolled in next semester and those classes have already shown up on my calendar which makes it a little confusing. Of course when the assignments are due are not on there but they are listed under my courses (not by title but by course number too).

I am just a little worried about the professors who are reluctant to switch to canvas. They only make it harder on the student trying to figure out the new system when they do not attempt to learn it as well. This course has been amazing! I do not know what I would have done if not for the extension you have added on to our assignments. I wish some of my professors could complete some of your canvas tech tips. It would make the students live's so much easier if they had a professor willing to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment