Monday, November 7, 2016

Famous Last Words: Riding the Struggle Bus

This week I am really regretting not doing the extra credit assignments before now. They are fun! Why is that no matter how many times we are told to do something or try something out we just don't.... or is that just me? Literally every day of the week in announcements, our class has been told to try out some of the extra credit and I have not until now! The tech tip, I mean it is so useful and not just for this class but for others as well.

This was the first week I did not write a story. It seems now that the semester is ending my creative side is struggling to keep up. I have been reading the Indian Fairy Tales, which is what I wanted to do since the class began. Now that I have read them though I just cannot seem to think of a story to write. I guess you could say they are not inspiring to me. This week I think I am going to switch it up and read something different. Maybe my creative juices will start to flow.
This week I also quit my job. As a full time student I was definitely being overworked. Staying up until at least 1:00 am in order to work on my online classes to wake up at 6:00 am on the daily to get to work and go to class is not my ideal schedule. So, hopefully, this week I will not be stressed about my time management and will actually get ahead in the class!

So here is my to-do list this week:

  • Find a new story to read
  • Try to get my readings done by Tuesday morning 
  • Start writing my story on Tuesday, hopefully get done by Wednesday morning (the story writing seems to take me a few hours, creativity is not my forte). 
  • Edit my Story for the Project
  • Get my new story in my Portfolio by Wednesday night. 
  • Start commenting on Thursday/Friday
  • Extra Credit on Sunday. 

P.S. I am very good at making lists. I should have been doing this the whole semester!



1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you made a to-do list. I love making lists! There is something so satisfying when you scratch something off of a list after you have completed or accomplished it. I agree though sometimes college work can be a real struggle. It gets really difficult to manage time and work for me. I feel like there is so much to do and so little time!

    ReplyDelete