Monday, November 7, 2016

Growth Mindset: Perfectionism

Wow. Was this an eye opening article to perfectionism. I think most people have at least a hint of perfectionism in them. Maybe some more than others, I will be the first to admit I am a perfectionist most of the time. I am much more aware of my perfectionist attitude now that I am out of high school and got slapped in the face with the real world pretty quickly.
I do not want to blame social media, simply because I enjoy social media outlets, but people get to pick and choose what to post about their lives. This means most things are only happy (guilty as charged) and people only get to see in your one window; that one widow being the perfect window.

Social media is not all bad. I am going to share this Huffington post on my Facebook and encourage my friends to read it. I think the more people we have aware of their perfectionist attitude the more they realize how sad it is to go on carrying this point of view. Once aware, we can grow from it and learn from our mistakes. Maybe what we learn today about growth mindsets will benefit our children the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment