Thursday, November 10, 2016

Learning Challenges: Time

H-ealth
E-mpathy
A-ttention
R-eading
T-ime

This week I chose to focus on time. I mean who wouldn't like more time? Or at least manage it better so it feels like you have more time. I started out by watching this video that was posted on the Learning by HEART blog page. (Using my new skills learned with a  TechTip to insert a video)


I watched the video before I went to bed and slept on it then watched it again this morning. I must admit, I have never thought of the science behind procrastination or think about why we even do it. So watching this video is rather mind blowing! The video suggests a promodoro technique which is setting a timer for about 25 minutes and then giving yourself an award whether it be to get on social media or candy. I have tried using this technique in the past but would not actually use a timer but just try to be aware and at least get up and walk around. This actual technique intrigued me so I did a quick pomodoro technique google search and found there is an actual website (you can find that here). The website is pretty cool and totally worth a look around if you are interested. There is even another video going more in depth of what the promodoro technique is. 

I am definitely going to give this whole reward technique another try. Specifically when I am studying all Saturday and Sunday for a test or writing a paper. The only thing I am worried about is when I get into my zone I do not like to be interrupted. Maybe when I write my Famous Last Words Post on Monday I can give you an update on how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment