Saturday, November 26, 2016

Learning Challenges: Health/ Happiness & Cheeseburger

I may or may not be a little too excited about learning how to make a meme. I also, may or may not be very good at it but it sure is fun!

I am coupling the happiness H.E.A.R.T. challenge with the cheezburger meme creator so I have made some silly memes to go along with it. 

I am somewhat of a believer of making oneself owns happiness (if that makes sense). For instance when I am feeling sad or angry my favorite thing to do is go to the gym. Something about being able to plug in some headphones, blast my favorite music, and throw some heavy weights around calms me. I learned a trick a while ago (when I was a little more self conscience) that if I turned up my music and only payed attention to what I was doing, what I wanted to achieve in the next couple of minutes that everyone else in the room disappeared and my anxiety and anger or whatever it was I was feeling at the time went out the window. I try and channel my feelings into physical capabilities, if that makes any sense. For instance, I remember one time being so angry (of course I have no clue what I was angry about anymore) and my gym was closed so I took my frustration out on the track. I ran my fastest mile that day. 

Or sometimes you just want a friend to make casual conversation with. In cases such as that, I don't blast my music but simply leave my head phones out of my ears. There are many, many conversations going on in the gym. Sometimes I somehow end up involved in one myself, with random friendly people or sometimes I just listen. Some might say the later one is ease dropping... I call it "leaving my reality" for a just a second anyway. Sometimes I make up stories for people I see at the gym, (especially if I'm on the treadmill. I need something to occupy my time!) I typically keep the stories pretty happy and upbeat. 

Some people say the gym is a depressing place... I must disagree with that statement. It is a place full of people trying to better themselves with goals and aspirations. What is more inspiring and happy than that? What is even more awesome is when you notice someone who is not giving up, or someone who has the courage to ask the muscular dude what he does to get his triceps like that. 
The gym is not my only happy place. I would consider eating corndogs at the state fair, seeing a food truck park near where I am, and Roxy's Ice-cream in OKC another happy place of mine. I'm all about the balance. 







No comments:

Post a Comment