Monday, November 14, 2016

Famous Last Words: Coming to an End

As the semester is coming to an end and my mind is already focusing on my finals and final projects due, I reflect on the whirlwind of events. This was my first time being a full time student since 2012, that along with a demanding part- time job and having a boyfriend being a full- time engineering student meant no time for relaxation. The good thing is, I realized it was too much for me if I wanted to make the grades I want/ need. When I quit my job, I felt so elated. Yes, I will be on a job search once the semester is over but this time I will focus on it furthering my career... and not knowing how to order copious amounts of food for events (which is definitely a skill I have learned).
Enough of my job woes, though.

I believe I will I will be able to finish up this class over Thanksgiving break and I am very, very thankful that we have that option to finish early. In my other online course the assignments due that week are not posted until Monday (sometimes even later). This can be very frustrating and can make it difficult to plan ahead. Other online professors at the University would really benefit by looking at how we do things in this course. I really feel we have been set up for success in the Indian Epics course plan.

I started a story this week but never published it. It is just not what I want it to be. I have decided based on our time left in the semester and the points I need to finish I am not going to write another story unless I become very inspired by something in the readings. I have decided to focus on my portfolio and perfecting those stories.


I chose a picture of The University of Colorado Boulder because I have been focusing on what graduate schools I would like to attend. This is definitely in my top five picks along with The University of California. I would like to study Hydrology in graduate school. I just bought a GRE study guide and will probably spend my summer studying for the exam. 

I liked writing a To-Do list last week so I will keep up with it.

  • Complete my readings for Monday/ Tuesday by Tuesday Morning.
  • Maybe do the Tech Tip and Growth Mindset extra credit on Tuesday as well
  • Do my Project Comments on Wednesday or Thursday morning. 
  • Do comments and extra blog comments on Friday
  • Do project ASAP


No comments:

Post a Comment