Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Reading Notes: The Giant Crab, and Other Tales from Old India, Part A

The Giant Crab

  • I could write a story on the base of the giant crab but make it humans instead of animals. 
  • Maybe a story about greed, we'll see.
The Hypocritical Cat
  • Well this was a surprisingly scary story. Maybe with Halloween coming up I can make a story about a cat and mouse

The Crocodile and the Monkey
  • This story ends up having a happy ending but mine could end badly. Maybe the monkey is the one that gets fooled by the croc wife
The Wise Parrot and the Foolish Parrot
  • I didn't like this story bc she plucked the birds feathers! I had a pet bird, so this made me sad.
  • I could write a story about to parrots though, that could be fun. 
  • Maybe some kind of rhyme. 
The Dishonest Friend
  • I like this story. I could go a few different directions with this story. 
  • There is a lot of trickery in these stories, I need to think of something clever.
  • Maybe modern day, borrowed a mower or something like that.
  • Honesty is the Best Policy.. or maybe not
  • maybe I could tell a story how one lie just rolls into a bigger one and a bigger one
The Mouse and the Farmer
  • This is kind of another mouse and cat game story
  • It reminded me of the latest Walking Dead Episode
  • I could make it where the mouse makes an entire village of mice bring him food in exchange for their lives.
The Talkative Tortoise
  • Wow. 
  • I could write a story about how sometimes talking can get you into trouble, kind of the same with lying. 
The Monkeys and the Gardener
  • This story kind of reminded me of the monkey on the Night at the Museum for some reason.
  • my creative juices are not flowing.
The Goblin and the Sneeze
  • I could write a story about a goblin for Halloween. 
  • It could be a nice goblin but no one knows he's nice bc everyone is afraid of him.
The Goblin in the Pool
  • Another story about a Goblin but this one lived in the water
  • Maybe I can combine the Goblin stories

The Foolish Farmer and the King
  • This reminded me of Game of Thrones
  • Except this King was nice... I could make him not nice.
The Pious Wolf
  • The fairy taught the wolf a lesson


Bibliography: The Giant Crab, and Other Tales from Old India. W. H. D. Rouse. Illustrated by W. Robinson. 1897.

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you style your notes! It was actually pretty entertaining because it was so simple. Sometimes I think my notes have to be ultra specific but this style would actually work really well.

    ReplyDelete